Smartenup takes your privacy seriously. With this statement we explain when and why we collect personal information when you visit the website www.smartenupcs.com and make use of the Smartenup products and services. Please also refer to our General Terms & Conditions for additional information. Smartenup Consulting & Software B.V. (“Smartenup”) is registered as a Dutch entity, with seat in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Trade Register number 59446757.
2. Data collection, processing and storage
There are several forms on this website where you will be asked to fill in personal information. Below we give an overview of the data we collect and how we handle it.
2.1 Assessment (Check your level)
The information you provide will be forwarded to our email inbox firstname.lastname@example.org and be processed only under the following conditions:
- If you or your company have or are in the process of signing a training agreement with Smartenup (such as a Learning Journey or Classroom Training), the information you provide will be used and processed to organize the training session(s) and to communicate with you about your learning experience. Your information will be stored for a maximum of 12 months after the service agreement or any renewal thereof expires. Our legal basis for processing these data is the contractual agreement regarding the provision of Excel training.
- If you agree to receiving information on Smartenup products and services, your name, email address and consent will be registered and may be used as a means to inform you on relevant content until you withdraw your consent by sending us an email at email@example.com. The legal basis for processing these data is consent.
- If none of the above apply, we will not process your data. The e-mail inbox will periodically (at least once every 12 months) be deleted and with it your personal information, unless you request otherwise.
We only collect the information you provide us with, your first name, last name, email address and Excel level, and any other information you provide voluntarily.
2.2 Contact form (Get in touch)
The contact information you provide will be forwarded to our email inbox firstname.lastname@example.org and only be used to assist you with the purpose of your request. We will not further process your data. The e-mail inbox will periodically (at least once every 12 months) be deleted and with it your personal information, unless you request otherwise.
We only use functional cookies strictly necessary to run the website efficiently and do not further collect or process cookie information for any other reason.
2.4 Purchase and Payment
2.5 Smartenup Excel Add-in
The Smartenup Excel Add-in is an add-in in Microsoft Excel. When using the Smartenup Excel Add-in, the following information will be processed and stored to enable service provision:
- Name, email-address, license key and progress to validate legitimate license use and to provide support based on your unique learning experience
- MachineID and IP to create unique users
- Operating System, Microsoft Office Version, Smartenup Add-in Version to provide support and improve the learning environment for the benefit of the Users
- Activation Date, Last Authentication Date , Expiration Date to validate legitimate license use
- Requests to determine whether a user is active
- Bug reports will be sent if errors occur, in order to resolve them
All information will automatically and irreversibly be anonymized after a user has been inactive for 12 months, unless otherwise requested. Until that time, a user can reactivate and so retrieve their toolbar history. Bug reports will irreversibly be deleted after 6 months. Our legal basis for processing these data is a legitimate interest to ensure functionality of the toolbar in terms of the service agreements between Smartenup and its users.
We send out surveys to training participants to measure the quality of our products and services. Participation is voluntarily. When filling in a survey, we sometimes ask you to voluntarily fill in personal information such as your name, Excel level, phone number or email address, which help us to better understand your response and in exceptional situations get in touch with you about your experience. This personal information will never be shared with anyone outside of our company and all surveys are being irreversibly anonymized every 3 months, unless you request otherwise or give explicit consent to do otherwise. We will share survey results only in summarized and anonymized form with other parties.
3. Third parties
The main party involved and responsible for the collection and processing of data related to the Smartenup products and services is Smartenup and its employees (also referred to as ‘we’, or for the purposes of the GDPR the ‘controller’). Smartenup works together with selected, registered and approved third parties who adhere to the same discretion and security standards. Below you can find an updated list of third parties currently involved in Smartenup data processes.
- Adriaan van Roeden –N-Vision Internet Solutions, Dutch KvK 34298358, C# Developer developing our Smartenup Excel add-in
- Rogier van Straten – From89, Dutch KvK 34323255, Developer of our backend/admin portal for our Smartenup Excel add-in, Does minor adjustment to our website as well
5. User rights
In line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), users may utilize the following rights at any moment:
Right of access
Users can at any moment request a full and clear overview of the data SmartenUP Consulting B.V. holds on them, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of processed data.
Right of rectification
Users can at any moment request a correction of personal data if their information changes or they believe for any other reason that SmartenUP Consulting B.V. holds outdated or otherwise incorrect data.
Right to object
Users can at any moment object to the processing of their personal data unless it is necessary for (i) the proper performance of a public law duty performed by an administrative body, (ii) the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party.
Right to erasure
Users can at any moment request to erase any links to, or copy or replication of, their data.
Right to restrict processing of personal data
Under certain circumstances you may ask the company to restrict the processing of their personal data.
Right to data portability
Users can at any moment request transmission of their personal data to another data controller, and to receive personal data concerning them in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You can always contact us at email@example.com or +31 (0) 20 2600221 for further information, concerns or complaints about how we use your personal information.